Monday, July 27, 2009

Words of Thanks (and Link Love!)

Now, I promised myself if I ever got famous I would remember all the little people and not let it get to my head. That being said, BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW BLOGGING MASTER PEONS! I RULE YOU! BWAHAHAHAHA! *Ahem* Just kidding of course. However, my excitement is no lie!

Since this blog's creation about a year ago, it's had a more or less steady number of daily views floating between the low thirties to - on a good day - the upper fifties. Little did I expect to go onto Google Analytics yesterday, as is my morning ritual, only to find that the blog had received nearly 200 page views!

Pardon me for one moment...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Now then...

Thanks to everyone who swung by to check out the blog and my Top 10 New Dungeon Master Mistakes post! I'm really happy that I was able to write a post that caught so much attention! I hope people were able to use the advice.

Also, I wanted to send a special thanks to some blogs and bloggers who have linked my way or who have otherwise shown support of my blog recently!

- - -


JohnnFour from Roleplaying Tips linked to the 10 DM Tips article on his twitter! Roleplaying Tips is actually a really great site with TONS of resources for gamemastering. Check it out!

Kobold Quarterly linked back to me following my review on Issue #10 which they seemed to enjoy! Seriously, Issue #10 is a great contribution to any 3.5 or Pathfinder game. Go buy it! KQ was also nominated for an Ennie, so don't forget to vote!

Sean Holland from the Sea Of Stars RPG blog has been a steady reader these past few days so I wanted to send some link love his way too. Now, maybe it's just me, but I think the sling is one of the coolest weapons in D&D - when used appropriately. I mean, what's better then a gnome warrior taking down a giant with a sling! It's practically biblical... well... it is, but yeah... Anyways, Sean's got a great post over at his blog on magical sling bullets not to mention two other recent posts on a pair of cities that you could throw into any campaign if you're looking for scholars or sparkle.

Nicholas from over at Dungeon Mastering was kind enough to mention my DM tips in his most recent Nerd Watching! (SQUEEE!) *Ahem* I wouldn't even know where to begin in describing how awesome Dungeon Mastering is. Nominated for an Ennie, and with good reason, Dungeon Mastering is a site every good nerd should subscribe to!

Questing GM recently did a wrap up of a lot of really great recent RPG blog posts over at his blog. He linked to both my post on dealing with campaign deadlines, and turning PC death into plotline!

I of course have to make my standard "thank you" to Flashman85. In addition to being a dedicated follower he's done a pair of great guest posts for me. If you consider yourself a "fan", regardless of what you might be a fan of, you should check out his blog Exfanding Your Horizons!

If you're looking for more RPG content then you could shake a stick at, regardless of what game you play and what system you use, you can't go wrong with Nevermet Press. Seriously, there is some great stuff over here. I was lucky enough to be welcomed as a Content Developer on the NMP team and have my first piece being published this Friday so get psyched! As a side note, I'm going to go ahead and be the first to say this. NMP has at least one 2010 Ennie award waiting for it.

Bonemaster from RPG Circus has also been a steady reader so I wanted to throw a thank you and a link his way. The RPG circus recently had an interview with Chatty DM which is worth checking out. Also, it conveniently segues into my last thank you...

ChattyDM! In addition to running a fantastic gaming blog, Phil has helped me out over and over again with my blog's development, allowing me to bounce both ideas and questions off of him. All in all though, he's got everything from DM advice, to blogging tips, to entertaining tabletop recaps over at his blog, so make sure to pay Musings of the Chatty DM a visit!

- - -


So, there we go. Buckets and barrels full of thank-yous! I know I haven't hit all of my readers, but I tried to thank everyone who's commented recently or thrown a link my way. So, keep reading, and I'll keep trying to post more 200+ visitor-worth posts!

5 comments:

Questing GM said...

Congrats on hitting 200 hits!

It's always a great feeling to have a post well loved. Especially by the big time bloggers too! XD

ChattyDM said...

Classy move there dear Storyteller. Textbook link Love and community sharing.

I just Stumbled your 10 top DMiung mistakes post. Enjoy the rush in traffic. If 200 makes you giddy, I can't wait to see you hit 1000 for the first time :)

Storyteller said...

@Questing - Thank you! It's certainly a great feeling, I hope to keep up with similarly awesome posts!

@ChattyDM - I throw out thanks a lot, but I figured it was time I dedicated an entire post to it :) As for 1000 views... I am very excited for that day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the support, glad to know that people are finding my journal useful.

And slings are great! I will try to remember to post my variant sling rules which make them slightly more useful as a weapon of choice.

Storyteller said...

@seaofstarsrpg - Alternate sling rules? I APPROVE!